Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

My I pad needed an update. I got a picture of a cable

Customer Question

My I pad needed an update. I got a picture of a cable pointing to iTunes and it will do nothing else What do I need to do
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It has a cable pointing to iTunes logo on the screen
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer, then connect the iPad to the computer with the iPad's USB cable, then use the iTunes program to update / restore the iPad.

- If needed, you can download and install the iTunes program at the Apple website below first:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

If that does not work, please try:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer. If needed, you can download and install the iTunes program at the Apple website below first:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click OK or Restore / factory reset.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

How is it going? Do you still need help with this? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

If you still need help with this issue or with anything else, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,