Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Does Apple recommend other suppliers to provide security…

Customer Question
Does Apple recommend other suppliers...
Does Apple recommend other suppliers to provide security arrangements for such products as desktop computers? If so, what supplier would provide such services and how would they be arranged?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/24/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

No, Apple never recommend those kind of security programs or software. In fact, you don't need any. If you are seeing ads on internet which are claiming to be recommended by Apple, then DO NOT download them. There are many SCAMS out there like MacKeeper, CleanMyMac etc which does more harm than any good. Apple provide its own security and software updates through Software Update.

As long as you do regular software updates, you don't have to worry about security or privacy.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If this is not what you are looking for, please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please let me know and I will continue to help you

Mac OS environment is very secure. Viruses and other stuffs will not be installed without your permission. To install any application on OS X, it will ask for your permission. So before you grant permission to any application to be installed, evaluate what they are and whether they are from trusted sources. Do not download stuffs shown on advertisements. That is how you get malware/virus on your Mac.

Do not install any cleaning or maintenance application from internet. You don't need them. Macs do maintenance its own when needed.