Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a new iMac. The Mail app did open and retrieve mail…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new iMac. The Mail app did open and retrieve mail but after closing it I can't get it to open any more. It shows on the menu bar but no inbox window. Other parts of the mail app appear to be working, preferences etc.

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you ready to speak with the Mac Technician now?

I copied files from the old computer using migration assistant.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/23/2016
Mac Support Specialist: comp_audio, Mac Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
comp_audio
comp_audio, Mac Support Specialist

Hello, I would like to assist you with your Mac related issue. Can you tell me the answer to the following questions...

1. Since that happened have you restarted your Mac?

2. If so and the issue is still happening, did you by chance open any email that you noticed odd and right afterwards this issue started?

3. If you have not done a complete shut down and restart of your Mac can you please do that now and then get back to me?

Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

No
I will have to do that later. How about running permissions, I forgot to do that at any point after copying the files.
I just cancelled my card because there was a $25.00 charge I didn't authorize from you all. Sorry I tried this.

Was the old computer also a mac or pc? Either way is fine.

Yes if you have not done the permissions you definitely should. Let me know when you can do that and get back to me. Thanks in advance. Also here is a site that has very good information on the permissions utility and some changes... (I recommend you check it out)

http://www.howtogeek.com/195912/how-when-and-why-to-repair-disk-permissions-on-your-mac/

Good afternoon. I am very sorry you're having other issues regarding those charges, but sadly that belongs to a different department all together. I will however see if I can contact them and make them aware of the situation for you and hope that they and you can solve it together.

Again understand I am not in the billing department and only here to do technical support, which I would like to complete for you. Did you try my suggested link? If you found my suggestion helpful, could you at least click to accept my answer so that I can close the ticket. Please remember, I am not in the billing department, and my hope is you will not rate my answer based on that strange charge. The acceptance of my answer gives me credit for giving a good answer and others can see that I am a helpful technician. So please when you can do rate MY service I have given and accept my answer. I thank you in advance.

Thanks