Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cannot open any of my microsoft word files on my macbook…

Customer Question
I cannot open any...

I cannot open any of my microsoft word files on my macbook and they were fine several days ago. I did do a software update yesterday, but I have this done automatically on a weekly basis.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

If I click on OneDrive, I cannot access any Word files to open. I did receive a message yesterday stating "Word cannot find the certificate for Microsoft 365" and this has never popped up before. I can access Excel just fine.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/23/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

You are trying to open the files from within Safari on onedrive? Or via another method?

Please let me know

I have a one drive shortcut folder on my desktop that I am opening the word files from. When I restarted my computer, the word files just started opening.....any idea what happened??? I would hate for this to happen again as these are my work files.
I will be in touch, have to go work now. Thanks for your thoughts.

ok, the certificate was corrupted so it needed to reload it can happen which is why I wanted to know how you access it.

It will be ok, its rare for this problem though I see it here at times.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you