Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have no funds just trying to boot a locked system ibook g4…

Customer Question
Hi i have no...

Hi i have no funds Mike just trying to boot a locked system ibook g4

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Yes i bought this ibook nd did not have an OS so i bought ibook g4 install dsiks and that didnt work so i bought a MRS disk and that didnt wiork iether but my system boot to terminal screen and firmware

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/23/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi Raymond,

Booting to the terminal screen indicates the full operating system is not properly installed or has been protected by a password.

Command-S will force the machine to boot in this manner as well, and if it is depressed, then there is no problem with the operating system, the file system check will usually indicate if it can be booted normally.

Since the disk has been locked, the hard drive will need to be replaced before you can access it and reinstall the OS.