Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Is there a way to open items on desktop with out using

Customer Question

is there a way to open items on desktop with out using mouse? son dropped laptop and i cannot push on it, trying to connext mouse via bluetooth, but cannot get setting open
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: cannot clickon track pad to open anyrhing is there a way around it?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Using just your keyboard, it is possibly to navigate the screen.. But its very difficult.

You can use the arrow keys to select items, and the enter key to open then.

The main key is the tab key, as you press the tab key it will cycle between areas on the screen.

if you press the tab key a whole bunch of times, you will see what you have highlighted move from item to item. The the arrow keys and enter key can help you select and open them.

Honestly though, your best bet is a generic usb mouse that doesnt require any special drivers.. As this will work as soon as you plug it in.

You can get one at a very cheap price online, such as here. http://amzn.to/1TBMn7z

That mouse will run as soon as you plug it in, without needing to install anything. That will at least allow you to select things and run any software repairs you need.

If you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.