Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I'm ***** *****. Excel 2011 won't allow me to do anything…

Customer Question
I'm ***** *****. Excel...

I'm ***** *****. Excel 2011 for Mac won't allow me to do anything without getting the spinning wheel and having to Force Quit.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Like what? It's a larger file with lots of formulas in it. I've magically (don't know how) got a clean copy before. But then, after saving the clean copy with a new name I will again get the wheel and have to Force Quit. And then, if I try to open the original "clean" copy (which did not have the wheel issue), Excel asks if I want to open the copy it saved before Excel "unexpectedly quit." Well, the clean file wasn't even open when Excel crashed, so I don't see how it saved it before crashing. In any case, when I open it, the clean file now gets the spinning wheel.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/22/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know the exact version of mac osx you have on your machine. Here is how to check. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, would you prefer to have me connect to your mac via a secure remote session and fix the issues on screen directly? If so, in your response let me know that you want to try a remote connection session, and I will send you that offer.

Thank you,

Dustin S.