Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am making a slideshow on iPhoto. When I put in a text

Customer Question
I am making a slideshow...
I am making a slideshow on iPhoto. When I put in a text slide it let's me type what I want to put on the slide. When I go to view the slide show it only brings up half of what I typed. I even put the font down to 8 and it will not show everything.
Can you help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
2/22/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there Tania and welcome

Its best if I can connect to your computer and look at the problem first hand.

Can I do this please? If so

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download for Free

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am downloading right now

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is saying I don't have enough space on my computer to download the teamviewer software and I don't know how to free up space.

ok, this may be the cause of your initial problem as well as you only need about 10 MB so you must have next to no space on your Mac.

Try to delete any videos you have on it first as this takes the most space up.

Then you will need to delete some large files such as photos ect.

Let me know how you go please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have set it up
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Adg333

connecting now

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My iPhoto is not working at all now??
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is saying iPhoto quit unexpectedly. Did not have this problem prior to speaking to Richard. What is going on?

ok, as you saw all we tried to do was create a new slideshow, nothing further, and you actually did all this, I just instructed

The fact you only have 10MB free on your hard drive is likely the cause of your issues

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like a refund. I didn't get my answer and my iPhoto stopped working since I used Justanswer.com.

sure, but as you saw you only had 10MB left on your hard drive and all we did was make a new slide show and then you restart the computer.

As I told, you needed to free up space on your hard drive as this is the issue, but you can get your refund here

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Richard, Apple Software Engineer