Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Photos & Camera are taking up 2.1GB on my iPhone 6. I…

Customer Question
Photos & Camera are taking...
Photos & Camera are taking up 2.1GB on my iPhone 6. I have deleted the "deleted" photos and changed my date to a past date to clear out "ghost" files. How can I reduce this amount to free up space?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/21/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist

Hi

Let's try a reset first. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. That should clear up some unused memory.

If that does not give any more free space, The only way to reduce the size is to delete some photos and videos. Do you have a lot of photos in the iPhone?

Before deleting, you may transfer all photos from the iPhone to a computer so that they are saved.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you find any difficulty.

Thank you

Vinod

Vinod Menon, Support Specialist