Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I purchased an LG Ultra Slim Portable DVD WRITER and my Mac

Customer Question
Hi..I purchased an LG Ultra...
Hi..I purchased an LG Ultra Slim Portable DVD WRITER and my Mac isn't seeing it
JA: Apple makes such lovely gadgets but they're still computers underneath. That's where the Mac Technician comes in really handy. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The disc I got with the LG is for Windows and I haven't been able to open anything in support of the DVD WRITER
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Yes, at this time I have no driver for this piece of equipment..unfortunately the Drive on my iMac went out so resorting for thje time being to an external drive
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
2/20/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi there!

You may need to install a driver for the new LG DVD writer.

If a disc did not come with it, you can download the correct driver from the LG website:

http://www.lg.com/us/dvd-burners-and-drives

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Pete..you know the driver is the first thing I checked out but my iMac isn't seeing it..The reply is a box that normally should have the image of the file or app to drag over and install...instead I get the message: "No image" in the bottom left corner. So my computer is still not seeing the DVD Drive...

What type of cable connection are you using?

Have you tried connecting to a different port on the iMac?

Can you test the DVD writer on a different computer?

Pete, Computer Engineer