Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

The ipad wont get off the apple logo

Customer Question
the ipad wont get off the apple logo
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/19/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi Taylor. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

If you haven't tried it this way please do this:

Hold down, and keep holding, the home button and the sleep/wake button on the top right edge

until the screen goes black and the Apple logo re-appears.

Release the buttons when you see the logo and it should restart.

I did that when I said I tried to restart my ipad
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 2 years ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius

You will need to use a computer that has itunes software installed on it to restore the ipad. Please follow these steps,

• Connect the USB cable to the iPad, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected from your computer's USB port.
  • press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
  • When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.
  • When this screen appears you can release the Home button:
  • Then use iTunes to restore the iPad.