Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I put some files and folders in my mac trash and i have

Customer Question
Hi ***** ***** i...

Hi ***** ***** i put some files and folders in my mac trash and i have never did deleted them it all disappeared and couple of days later it all came back again ,this happen few times can you tell me wants going on?

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Sorry but i can not i am not much of a computer expert all i know why my files and folders it all disappeared and came back i keep thinking if my mac been hacked...

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/19/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

This is normally causes by hard drive corruption. It is not hacking.

Can you do the following as this will normally resolve it by fixing all corruption

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.