Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iPhone 5C that will not turn on after replacing…

Customer Question
I have an iPhone 5C...
I have an iPhone 5C that will not turn on after replacing charger port. Goes into on/off loop with apple logo every 5-8 seconds
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/19/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2bsDEIJJ50cSUd2OGJPc09XenM/view?usp=sharing

The charger port is either defective or not installed correctly. A short of two or more pins will cause exactly what you are experiencing. That is, assuming this happened after the replacement and is not the same symptoms as prior to the replacement.