Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I switched on the pass code slider, but no passcode was set.

Customer Question
I switched on the pass...
I switched on the pass code slider, but no passcode was set . How can I get into the iPad without a code.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/19/2016
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 2 years ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius

You will need to restore the iPad using your computer and iTunes software.

Please follow these steps,

• Connect the USB cable to the iPad, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected from your computer's USB port.
  • press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
  • When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.
  • When this screen appears you can release the Home button:
  • Then use iTunes to restore the iPad