Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

If I take a mac mini out of the box do I connect a

Customer Question
monitor/keyboard? As a non MAC...
If I take a mac mini out of the box do I connect a monitor/keyboard? As a non MAC guy, how do I get to the gui to download OSX server? I need basic how to do to get a mac mini from out of the box to operational as a server..I know windos servers so I understand requirements / concepts.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/17/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 2 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Which model Mac Mini? A new model has HDMI or Thunderbolt video output so any HDMI monitor will work or you can get an adapter for the Thunderbolt or HDMI to DVI, etc... An Apple USB keyboard and mouse or wireless keyboard and mouse will work. It comes with the system installed you simply download the server module to make it a server. http://www.apple.com/osx/server/