Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

2006 Intel Imac, After a hard drive crash, I installed new…

Customer Question
2006 Intel Imac,...
2006 Intel Imac, After a hard drive crash, I installed new hard drive, and installed new Mountain Lion disk bought from Apple. Looks like the software loaded without the OS. All I get is the Snow Leopard screen, no OS, cannot use any commands
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/16/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 2 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic

I assume you mean Snow Leopard not Mountain Lion, there is no disk for Mountain Lion. How did you install it? Put the Snow Leopard disk in and restart holding down the letter C key until you see the Apple logo. When you get to the install screen DO NOT INSTALL, you will see at the top of the screen a Utilities menu drop down. Go the Disk Utility, when it opens select your drive on the left and select Erase tab choose Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and Erase. When done quit Disk Utility and Install

Let me know if that fixes the problem

Mike, Mac Medic