Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

MAC stuck in Bluetooth keyboard setup, when i dont have one…

Customer Question
MAC stuck in Bluetooth...

MAC stuck in Bluetooth keyboard setup, when i dont have one it keeps looking for it i click the EXIT but nothing happens i tried Command, Option, ESC to get to the task manager but it doent work

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I m tryign to start the mac but it is stuck on this Bluetooth keyborad setu search

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/15/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 2 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic

What model Mac is it?

Follow the direction here according to what model it is:

Resetting the SMC & PRAM for Mac Pro, Intel-based iMac, Intel-based Mac mini, or Intel-based Xserve
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Unplug the computer's power cord.
3. Wait fifteen seconds.
4. Attach the computer's power cord.
5. Wait five seconds, then press the power button to turn on the computer.
6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts again at least twice.
8. Release the keys.

Resetting the SMC & PRAM on portables with a battery you should not remove on your own
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Plug in the power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
8. Release the keys. Note: The LED on the power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.

Resetting the SMC and PRAM memory on Mac portables with a battery you can remove
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Disconnect the power adapter from the computer, if it's connected.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
5. Release the power button.
6. Reconnect the battery and power adapter.
7. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need them in step 9.
8. Turn on the computer.
9. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
10. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts again at least twice.
11. Release the keys.