Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am using adobe illustrator to work with a pdf. When i open…

Customer Question
Hi, I am using adobe...
Hi, I am using adobe illustrator to work with a pdf. When i open the document in adobe illustrator it looks to be in symbols not text or numbers. How do I fix this?
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/14/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 2 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic

What version of Adobe Acroabat?

adobe illustrator cc 2015

Not all Acrobat documents are compatible with Illustrator it depends on how it was saved. Can you send me the document?

Go here with any web browser:

http://tiny.cc/upload-to-mikemacmedic

Choose Select Files and navigate to your file(s) to upload or you can also just drag the file(s) to the Upload box, then click on Start Uploading Files or Cancel to stop.

its a confidential work doc, so i am not able to send. it is opening fine for half the document and the other half is in symbols.

What program was the file originally created with?

originally it is in aspose, then i edit it, save as pdf or preview...and it wont reopen again without the symbols.

Ok I am not familiar with aspose, that is what controls it's compatibility with Illustrator.

ok, so how do we figure out the solution here?thanks,

Sorry I don't understand a why you need to edit it in Illustrator in the first place.

Regardless that is a function of the app that created it I can't help you there. I can only suggest you get Acrobat Pro and edit it using that application. I'll opt out.

Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. May I ask, if you open the pdf document and view it without importing it into Adobe Illustrator, does it display correctly? Please advise. If it doesn't then we will need to go back to aspose and save it again, possibly exporting it into a different format. Do you have Microsoft Office available to you? If you could save it into a file that Office can open, you can re-save it as a pdf from Office and perhaps then open it into Illustrator. Please let me know what programs you have to work with and whether it displays correctly outside of Illustrator and I will come up with a solution (if possible) that will work for you.