Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Trying to completely reset my Ipad Air

Customer Question
Trying to completely reset my Ipad Air
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/13/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist

Hi

Did you mean you want to completely erase the iPad Air?

Or did you mean you are getting errors while restoring the iPad Air? If you are getting errors, could you please tell me what the error is?

Thank you

Vinod

erase
granddaughter has it icloud locked

Thank you.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to erase the iPad if there is an iCloud lock. You need the password ***** the iCloud if you need to erase it and make it working again.

iCloud lock is a kind of protection that does not allow others to use the iPad.

Are you not able to get the password ***** your grand daughter?

However, an Apple Store can remove the lock. But you may need to provide them with an ownership proof. Do you have an Apple Store nearby?

no thanks

Can you please try the steps mentioned in the following website. Let's see if that works.

http://www.igeeksblog.com/bypass-icloud-activation-lock-in-iphone/