Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My Ipad won't let me unlock it, and when I touch the slide

Customer Question
button, Seri just repeats unlock...
my Ipad won't let me unlock it, and when I touch the slide button, Seri just repeats unlock,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not really, I can't unlock the screen, I have tried holding down both buttons for 10 seconds, but that doesn't help
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
2/13/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The voice over feature of your iPad is turned on. When it is turned on, you have to select the item and double tap the item to open it. Lock the iPad by pressing the power button. Then unlock it and tap the Slide to Unlock text. Double tap the Slide to Unlock. Or in lock screen, simple swipe with three fingers at same time and this will bring the passcode lock screen. Tap the number and then double tap it to enter the passcode. After entering all passcode, your iPad will unlock. If you don't have any passcode, then just double tap on slide to unlock text or swipe with three fingers and it will be unlocked.

Then tap and double tap Settings, tap and double tap General, tap and double tap Accessibility, tap and double tap Voice Over and double tap on On/Off switch of Voice over to turn it off. To scroll, you have to swipe with three fingers.

An shortcut to turn off Voice Over is, triple click the home button quickly and this will turn it off.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can turn it of using different way

Ashik, Mac Technician