Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just transferred to a new mac and it will not open photo…

Customer Question
Hello ***** *****, I...

Hello ***** *****, I just transferred to a new mac and it will not open photo booth it says to connect to an existing on or begin new photos

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

When I try to connect to the existing one... I can not find it through the photo booth link it gives me

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/12/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 2 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory
Here is the error I am getting... Photo Booth could not locate your photo library. Please choose an existing library or create a new one in order to continue using Photo Booth. My tabs are Create New or Choose Existing. When I select Choose Existing because Photos Library is there - but greyed out....OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.3
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 18767 MHz DDR3
that should be 1867 MHz
Photos Library is there with all my photos just whited out when I Choose existing.
I would like to know what i can try before Remote tech.

How did you transfer your data to the new Mac?

I connected the macs via ethernet and selected transfer. All data transferred but see the photo booth will not open

It is not called Photos Library it is called Photo Booth Library. Are you sure you are logged in to the transferred account?

This was a new mac so i connected my old mac and selected transfer from mac to mac... I can't find the Photo Booth Library
it is not under mac HD/user/me/pictures/

Go to the Apple Logo and Logout then login to your transferred account

ok will try
ok i did and the same thing

Ok go to your old Mac do you see the Photo Booth Library in Pictures folder?

There is no Photo Booth Library. Never had a problem transferring data to new Macs before but it looks like my Photo Booth Library did not come across or landed some where else.

There is no Photo Booth Library on your old Mac?

It appeared that everything moved across... i check all my photo files and movie files but did not check my photo booth and have wiped that Mac. Yes the old one, it did have all the photo booth library items.

Ok if you have logged into all accounts on the new Mac and it is not there and you have wiped the old Mac then I'm afraid the only way to try and retrieve it is using Recovery Software like Disk Drill.

How would I recover from time machine... only photo booth and nothing else?
Thank you .... I will figure it out. I have to pack and leave early in the morning. Was hoping to get this figured out but don't have the time. I can check on this via email if you think of something. thanks tammy

If you had a Time Machine backup then go to Pictures folder when logged into that account open Time Machine and go back to the last backup and restore the Photo Booth Library. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!

If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Please remember we only get a portion of the original amount you pay no matter how long it takes, so bonuses are GREATLY appreciated. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!

Mike, Mac Medic