Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Need password encryption,forgot it & can't synchronize my…

Customer Question
Need password ***** iTunes encryption,forgot...
Need password ***** iTunes encryption,forgot it & can't synchronize my new iPhone 6SPlus
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/12/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 2 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic

I assume you mean your Apple ID password? Go here and put in your information: https://iforgot.apple.com

No, it is NOT my Apple ID password. In iTunes there is an option to encrypt your information, so that nobody could obtain my information when synchronizing the iPhone in iTunes. I selected to encrypt the information, it has been a long time since then, & I can not recall the encryption Password.

OK if you saved it in your keychaine you can get it back:

Open Keychain Access, found in /Applications/Utilities/
Use the Search box in the upper right corner and type “iphone backup”

Double click the result, assuming something is found in Keychain
Check the box next to “Show password” and enter the Mac administrator password ***** reveal the lost password ***** with the encrypted iPhone backup

Where is key chain? Is that in my iPhone, iPad, or iTunes?

That is in Applications / Utilities on your Mac.

Mike, Mac Medic