Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My new Ipad worked well days. Now it wont start. "Ipad

Customer Question

My new Ipad worked well for 2 days. Now it wont start. "Ipad disabled" I have gone through the procedure to try to restore the software and my HP laptop is not recognized when I try to do the procedure. I have had trouble trying to verify my microsoft id could that preclude a sucessful restore function
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

Try the following:

press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.

While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.

Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. When this screen appears you can release the Home button.

Open iTunes. You should see the following "recovery mode" alert:

Alert text: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode..."

Use iTunes to restore the device, following the steps it leads you on

Let me know if you are successful.