Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I'm using 10.8.5 and iPhoto quits after opening.
, I…

Customer Question
I'm using 10.8.5 and...

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I open iPhoto and in about 3 to 5 secs it quits unexpectedly

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/3/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are two reasons for this problem. Either the iPhoto application is corrupted or it is the iPhoto Library that has corrupted. We can rebuild your iPhoto Library and see if that works or not.

Close iPhoto if it is open. Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard and open iPhoto. Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library. A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select all the options/checkboxes Click Rebuild. This may take a few minutes to complete.

After rebuilding, iPhoto will open.

If it is still quitting after rebuilding, then we have to rebuild the iPhoto application using a third party application named iPhoto Library Manager. Download and install it from here (use the trial version) : http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/

Open iPhoto Library Manager. Select your iPhoto Library, click on Library menu in the top and select Rebuild Library. This will verify the library. Then click the Rebuild button on the right.

After rebuilding, open iPhoto.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?