Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

New Mac. AOL no help. Sent to you. Can not send photos via…

Customer Question
New Mac. AOL no help...
New Mac. AOL no help. Sent to you. Can not send photos via e-mail. Internet accounts will not accept any passwords I try
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/1/2016
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 2 years ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Can you tell me the exact version of OS X you are currently running, please?

Click the Apple logo in the menu bar at the top left of the screen

Select "About This Mac"

In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.

Thanks,

os x el capitan

Ok and you are having trouble with an AOL email account?

email works fine. Can not send photos via email. Can not access hoopla . could before
can not get internet accounts to accept password

Ok, I'm going to need a little more info then since you say email is working fine.

How are you trying to send a picture? Tell me the step you are taking please.

Thanks,

ok. used to be i went iphoto clicked on a photo and was given the option to e-mail it. Zing, gone. Love to be able to do this. After 10 yrs mac got to full. could not put anymore photos in computer. Got new mac dec 2015.When I presently click on photos to send them I get no send and now they all pop up occasionally to remind me they were not sent. Not clear on what icloud is(something involving photos) but do not think I can get to it since internet accounts will not accept password *****

Ok, are you still currently using iPhoto or are you using the new Photos app?

Also, are you trying to send them via your AOL email account?

that word apps keeps coming into conversation.When I go to new PHOTOS the thousands of photos i have previously taken kept are there in a particular file called iphotos along with others like xmas 2010, Family, etc. I have access to all of my photos old and recent but have to admit it is not as I remember. PHOTO and iPHOTO seemed to be vying for top position. Another thing I can no longer send photos from my computer to Walgreens for development. Used to be easy. If I were to try to send a photo now it would not go, AOL password ***** would direct me to internet accounts where no password ***** please it. That photo will then pop up with the other dozen attemts at sending photos I have made. Takes a bit to get them off the screen. Want to send them.
My guess is yes I am trying to send them via AOL email account.
could it be another mail account I made is messing this up? seems I recall a backup email address i had SBC Global something maybe. Have to look.

Ok,

first let's make sure you have no trouble accessing your AOL Mail account via Safari on the Mac.

Go to: http://mail.aol.com/ and sign into your account. Once you've done that let's remove and then re-add the account to your Mail app.

Open Mail

Click "Mail" in the menubar and choose "Preferences"

Choose the "Accounts" tab

Select the Account you wish to delete

In the lower left corner of the "Accounts" Preferences window, click the - sign. (Also take this time to remove any other accounts that are not working or that you no longer use)

Once the account has been removed, in the lower left corner of the "Accounts" Preferences window, click the + sign.

Choose your email service name if listed (such as AOL) or “Add other Mail Account..." and click Continue.

On the "Add a Mail Account" window, type your name in the top box, your complete email address in the middle box (full email address), and your email password ***** the last box.

Click "Create".

After a moment or two, the account should be configured and enabled.

If you receive errors when creating the account, double-check your email address and password. If issue remains, reply back for further troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Thank you John. WILCO

You are very welcome!

When the current question has been answered to your satisfaction, please remember to rate me accordingly when you get a moment.

Please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Insert “For John T. F. only” in your initial question and you can, also, submit new questions directly via the following page:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/

Wrote down instructions. Could not get past the 1st step.
Mac keeper AOL and you guys have all hit me up for $ in my attempts to fix this. I will do a phone call if necessary. Not happy.

Can you please tell me what problem you had in completing the instructions?

Thanks,

John T. F., Apple Consultant