Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just bought Dragon 5.0 and I am working on "Microphone…

Customer Question
I just bought Dragon for...
I just bought Dragon for Mac 5.0 and I am working on "Microphone setup" and
my voice sounds like a person talking underwater. The install for Dragon....microphone setup...says it is done. I am afraid to continue without getting the voice to sound right. I am using Logitech Headset.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/2/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Chris Baxter, Mac Genius replied 2 years ago
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Mac Genius

Hello!

I hate to say it but this is a known issue with the Mac, and it has not gone away or been fixed by Nuance as of yet. There is a workaround, if you don't mind going VM-ware and loading up windows and the windows version. "Upgrading" to El capitan does not solve the issue either. I am sorry this does not solve the problem, but at this point, nothing short of possible technical work-arounds will change the issue internally. *Known software issues can be this way, its not your headset, its the program and the way it functions with the software. You can try something like AU Lab, which is a mac program that adds more robust sound quality ability to your computer, but it requires some setup, and may end up being a non-solution if the problem is deep in the mac sound handling resources.