Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My name is ***** ***** Stephens This pc was given to me by

Customer Question
My name is ***** *****...
My name is ***** ***** Stephens This pc was given to me by my Son-inlaw Michael Willbanks.. It says I need to update Safari, but have no clue how to do this.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm using osx snow leapord.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
2/1/2016
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Mac Druid replied 1 year ago
John T. F., Mac Druid

Hi!

Can you tell me the exact version of OS X you are currently running, please?

Click the Apple logo in the menu bar at the top left of the screen

Select "About This Mac"

In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.

Next, repeatedly click on the word "Version" until it says "Serial Number” and provide that number, as well.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mac osx 10.6.8, version 1.9F4, serial # *****
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ARE YOU STILL THERE?

Thanks!

You are running the latest release of OS X 10.6 and it's likely you have the newest version of Safari still supported by that version of the operating system.

Going off the serial number, your Mac can support a slightly newer release of OSX (10.7) and that would allow you to upgrade to a more recent edition of Safari (though still not the newest).

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/D6106Z/A/os-x-lion

... or you can download and use a newer release of the Firefox web browser as an alternative.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THANK YOU JOHN

You are very welcome!

If the current question has been answered to your satisfaction, please remember to rate me accordingly when you get a moment.

Please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Insert “For John T. F. only” in your initial question and submit new questions directly via the following page:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/

John T. F., Mac Druid