Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

We have a Medical billing office. We use Macs (OS 10.8 and…

Customer Question
We have a Medical billing...
We have a Medical billing office. We use Macs (OS 10.8 and up). We have been using remote desktop for 5 years using the old MS RDP client and also a client called CORD. All printing has worked just fine, but one of the servers we remote into changed to Server2008, which requires we use the new RDP client.We have an issue where the software uses a random font that is too wide for our medical prints. it seems like the entire page is scaling about 10% too wide, but we have no way to change that.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/1/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is the problem with font-too-wide happening only when using the new RDP client with the Server 2008 server?

If so, it may have to be addressed either

A. by contacting the server management at the other end, or

B. by 'printing' to a file, then getting that file, and editing it to be a 'smaller' (as displayed and as printed) file, less wide, e.g. by methods similar to a reduced photocopy, then printing that reduced version, which will be scaled down to 90 % or so of its former width, and thus not be too broad to print.