Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I did a horizontal/vertical image flip in photoshop. I want…

Customer Question
I did a horizontal/vertical image...
I did a horizontal/vertical image flip in photoshop. I want to to link the psd in indesign. Can't do it, the image comes in all fragmented. I do seem to be able to embed the image, but I need to downsize it. Whats going on. Is Indesign unable to work with filtered or position modified images?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
note I am on a PC not a MAC
1/31/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.

Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.

If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, what exact version of photoshop and indesign are you working with?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S.

Adobe CC 2016
Windows 7

Thank you, and a few more questions.

Did you have any previous versions of PS or InD installed on this same windows 7 computer?

And also, after you make the position changes, are you saving the file. Then, closing photoshop and Photoshop's organizer, and then opening / embedded the saved file into Indesign?

Or are you keeping photoshop open while you try to embed?

I have CS6 on my computer as well.
Yes I do save, but I have left photoshop open.

lets try it with photoshop closed.

And also, lets try with the Cs6 versions instead. Open the file in photoshop cs6, make a positional change, save. Then open in indesign cs6

Will it work either way ?

no luck with any of the above.
I can tell you if I size the image down, I can drag and drop the image.

Question. Did this ever work properly with cs6 or with the CC versions on this same computer?

If so, about when did it quit working as expected?

I have limited experience with InDesign. This project is the first time I have brought modified images in after flipping horizontal or using a filter such as liquify

Heres my thoughts. We need to focus on proper image placement. Dragging and dropping or copying and pasting often produces bad results.

Instead, lets try this way. Inside insdesign, left click the area you want to put the image.

Then click file, place, and then choose the image you want to place. It should place the image. But you will still need to resize and fit the image to match the size and shape you want it to appear in the document.

lets try it that way and let me know if you see better results~

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Thank you.

Can you try bringing that same image into a blank indesign file, using file >place.

Already tried that.
Can we call it quits and give me a refund?

Certainly.. Although if you change your mind, its a bit more effective if I can connect to your computer via a screen sharing session, where I can see the issue on screen and try to repair it in person. Thats something to keep in mind if you want to try resolving this issue later.

here is the refund link you requested.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund