Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My name is ***** ***** I accidentally saved an older folder…

Customer Question
Hi Mike, my name...

Hi Mike, my name is ***** ***** I accidentally saved an older folder over the newer one

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

These are around 30 Illustrator .eps files I lost. Is there any way I can retrieve them?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
I have not backed up with Time machine.
1/29/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 2 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic

With no backup the only way to recover your old folder is to not use the computer if you can then try software that scan for deleted files that might still be there like: Disk Drill:

http://www.cleverfiles.com

I already knew that and tried Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery.
No luck

OK then I'm not sure what you thought I could do. Stellar Phoenix is pretty bad if that helps try Disk Drill or Data Rescue: https://www.prosofteng.com/data-rescue-4/

there is really no other way

Thanks anyway

OK that is the only answer thanks for the time.

Mike, Mac Medic