Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My name is ***** ***** I accidentally saved an older folder

Customer Question

Hi Mike, my name is ***** ***** I accidentally saved an older folder over the newer one
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: These are around 30 Illustrator .eps files I lost. Is there any way I can retrieve them?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not backed up with Time machine.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

With no backup the only way to recover your old folder is to not use the computer if you can then try software that scan for deleted files that might still be there like: Disk Drill:

http://www.cleverfiles.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already knew that and tried Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No luck
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK then I'm not sure what you thought I could do. Stellar Phoenix is pretty bad if that helps try Disk Drill or Data Rescue: https://www.prosofteng.com/data-rescue-4/

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

there is really no other way

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks anyway
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK that is the only answer thanks for the time.