Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am getting the sparse could not be processed error
,

Customer Question
I am getting the...

I am getting the sparse bundle could not be processed error

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Accessed

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
I am on an iMac with OS X Yosemite
1/28/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist

Hello there! My name is***** and I will be assisting you today. Have you tried any solution so far?

i looked for western digital in the library on harddrive as per some info on forums but there is not anything by that name

thanks can you copy and paste the exact message into this chat box

?

The backup disk image “/Volumes/Annette Ricciardi's Time Ca/Annette’s iMac (2).sparsebundle” could not be accessed (error (null)).

There might be an issue with your macs hd drive lets run disk utility to make sure

Open disk utility from the utilities folde ( inside the app folder)

Click your mac hd icon on the left side

Then start by verifying the Partition Map. Select the top line for the drive in Disk Utility's sidebar and click Verify Disk (not permissions) button. That will only take a moment.
You should see the "appears to be OK" message. If not, click the Repair Disk button. That also should just take a moment.

it says okay
that was under first aid. do i go to Partition?

When i meant partition i was meaning the mac hd image which you did verify correct>?

Also have you tried to set the time capsule to factory settings then connecting via a lan cable.

it was the first one above Mac HD, says 1TB Apple HDD
is this easier on the phone?
no have not tried that, i don't know if i have lan cable...this seems over my head
time machine window says "Select disk" when i click on that it shows Backup Disks: Time Capsule.Available Discs are Time Capsule and Other Airport Time Capsule.

Time capsule is what we would need and that cable is regular internet cable i can post a picture or if you like i can remotely connect.

i opened airport utility and a red 1 was visible. Help said to choose "other time capsule" which i did and it showed my time capsule and asked for password. i entered it and the machine was preparing to backup. my only concern is this...
it then showed no oldest backup and no recent back up, as it was preparing to begin a new backup...what does that mean? my previous backups on time capsule are gone? Or it was backing up all over again?