Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Microsoft word keeps freezing on my mac. I checked and it is…

Customer Question
***** *****. Microsoft word...

***** *****. Microsoft word keeps freezing on my mac. I checked for updates and it is up to date. excel works just fine

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Would you like a copy of the report?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
1/26/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

We can reset Word's preferences. Close Word. Then in Finder, hold down Option key on your keyboard, click on Go menu and select Library. This will take you to the library folder of your home folder. Open Preferences folder and trash the file 'com.microsoft.Word.plist'.

Then trash the Microsoft folder you see in there. Do not empty trash.

Open Word. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.