Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My name is ***** ***** Herbst and I forgot my apple password…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** Herbst and I forgot my apple password

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

When i went to open pages, Itines exc. it asked me to update new updates, then i got a screen asking me to enter my apple password?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
1/26/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

If you don't remember the password, then you have to reset the password. You can reset it from here --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

Go to the above website. Use the "Get an Email" method to reset the Apple ID. Apple will send the reset instructions to the recovery email you setup with your Apple ID. It would be your email registered with Apple, like Gmail, Yahoo etc. Open your email and you will see the email from Apple. Open it and follow the instructions to reset the password.

If that didn't work, then go to this site again --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

This time use the "Answer Security Questions" and answer the security questions there to reset your password. Then use that password ***** asked on your iTunes.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you.

Sorry, you question wasn't clear. It sounds like you are talking about Administrator password ***** Apple password. Lets reset the password.

You can reset the password ***** booting into Mac OS X Utilities screen. Follow the steps below;

Turn off your Mac.

Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys at same time for 10 seconds.

This will boot your Mac to "Mac OS X Utilities” menu.

Click on the “Utilities” menu in top bar and select “Terminal".

Type (without space) : resetpassword

Press return. This will Reset Password ***** Select the hard disk at top column, select the user account from the drop down under it, confirm the user account and then change password ***** Save. Then click on the Apple icon and select Shutdown.

Turn it back on. After restarting, if you get any message about Keychain then click Create New Keychain. If you are still getting keychain error, then reset the keychain access database. Follow the steps below to reset Keychain;

Open Keychain Access, which is in the Utilities folder within the Applications folder.

From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.

Click General, then click Reset My Default Keychain.

Authenticate with your account login password (the password ***** reset earlier).

Quit Keychain Access.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

How is it going ? Were you able to reset the password ?

There is an easy way to reset the administrator password. First turn off your Mac by holding down the Power button for 10 seconds. After that, follow the steps below;

Type (without space) : resetpassword

Press return. This will Reset Password ***** Select the hard disk at top column, select the user account from the drop down under it, confirm the user account and then change password ***** Save. Then click on the Apple icon and select Shutdown. This will shut down your Mac. If you done this correct, then when you turn it back on you will get Keychain error. Let me know when you get to this part, so I will walk you through the steps.