Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Google app version 11.1, though loaded and updated, will…

Customer Question
My Google app version 11.1...
My Google app version 11.1, though loaded and updated, will not open. I have reset and cleared all data and restored...no fix. I have hard reset...no fix. I have removed the app through iTunes and reinstalled and updated...it shows up in the app store and in settings on the iphone, but it will not open nor does the icon show up on any home page. IOS 9.2 I phone 6 plus. It used to work. Help. jy
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
1/26/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

What exactly happens when you try to open it John?

Please let me know

Nothing. When I go through itunes, I can remove it, then I can install it, then I can update it......the little loading circle goes around, itunes says installing....then it says installed and the hhone says open......but the icon never shows up anywhere and the app never opens. Same thing is happening with Pandora. Everything else is fine. I have even rest all data and then restored...no fix.
I have reset the phone and all data, restored.....no fix

Thanks

Can you hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds on the iPhone until you see the Apple Logo, then release.

Let the phone restart and tell me if it then opens please

I will, but I have done both a soft and a hard reset, as well as a factory reset to no avail. Jy

ok, but this is different, please do this and let me know the results as we need to rule this out.

Duhhh. I am doing this on my iphone 6, the problem is on my wife's iphone 6 plus. I dont have that right now. Can you give me some ideas that I can try when I gert her phone back?
The same Google app from the app store works fine on my iphone 6

that and to create a new gmail account and test with that on the phone.