Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I photo has disappeared from dock, when I go into

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is***** photo has disappeared from dock, when I go into applications the iphoto icon is there but it has a no entry sign on it. I'm running El Capitan 10.11.1
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I click on iphoto I get "The version of iPhoto installed on this Mac is not compatible with OS X El Capitan. Download the latest version for free from the Mac App Store." Then when I click search app store I get The item you've requested is not currently available in the UK Store.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The problem is, Apple has replaced iPhoto with new application called Photos app from OS X 10.10.3 onwards. You can open Photos app from Applications folder. Photos app does support your old iPhoto library. So you will be able to open Photos and see all the photos that were in iPhoto.

Open Applications folder and you will find the Photos icon (a flower like icon). Open it and it will import your iPhoto Library automatically.

If it doesn't, then close Photos. Hold down Option key on your keyboard and open Photo. Select Choose Library, then from the list of library select iPhoto Library and choose it. This will migrate the iPhoto Library to Photos.

Please let me now if you have any difficulty, so I will continue to help you.