Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac stuck in screen

Customer Question
Mac stuck in white screen...
Mac stuck in white screen
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
1/22/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 2 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Dis you try Command R? Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.

I tried command r before and just tried again, the apple logo never appears

Did that MacBook come with an install DVD does it have a DVD drive?

It just said aloud if I want to use English as main language press return key, I did but nothing happened
No I brought it used about 2 years ago and didn't receive a CD

What is on the screen?

It's still just a blank white screen

This was after booting and holding Command R?

OK it seems the system and drive are ok that is what it should have said but if there is nothing on the screen I'm afraid the video part of the logic board may have problems. Can you boot in Verbose Mode restart and hold Command V

I did that and still nothing. I had this same white screen of death about six months ago and was able to fix it resetting the nvram but it didn't work this time

Does it have a removable battery?

I'm not sure ?
How do I take it out

It would be obvious on the back. Ok did you do ti this way?

Resetting the SMC & PRAM on portables with a battery you should not remove on your own
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Plug in the power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts again at least twice.
8. Release the keys.

I tried all of those steps and it still stuck at white screen

Ok I'm afraid the mother board needs repair or replacing. Please remember that the experts here cannot fix failed hardware. We guarantee a correct ANSWER, even if that answer determines the product needs to be physically repaired. No one likes to hear they need to spend more money to fix the problem but at least you now know what needs to be done and you can make an informed decision.

If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!