Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

None of the start up options are working macbook
, I

Customer Question

Customer: none of the start up options are working for my macbook
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I tried to update the OS software several times over the last few weeks. Last night my laptop stopped responding so I closed the lid and put it away for my flight I tried to use it later but the battery had died so I plugged in and turned it on. A white screen with a question mark folder has been there ever since. I even try to use safe mode, shift, r, everything. Nothing works
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

The ? usually means the hard drive has failed. Did the MacBook come with Install Disks?