Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Filevault lock out my name is ***** *****
, i have been…

Customer Question
Filevault lock out my...

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have been locked out by file vault, i did the cmd and r but it takes me to a place to type in the file vault recovery key i haVE BEEN TOLD THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO WITHOUT THE KEY I CANT REMEMBER IT

Technician's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

I DONT MIND PAYING THAT FEE IF THERE IS A SOLUTION TO THIS

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/20/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi there,

It is possible to create a recovery key for File Vault - see:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202385

What you sent dont answer my question
Pls read the question again

You are locked out of File Vault and you don't remember the key?

Then you can create a recovery key by following the instructions at the link I posted.

I cant get to the desktop either because i have forgotten password

If you are unable to create the recovery key then there is no other way around this problem.

Right, you was quite quick to ask for the money without doing a detail check 1st, this is why i put at the end, i was told theres nothing that can be done
Do i get a refund?

Hi, I am a user of this site, just like you. I have no control over any payments to the site.

Your money remains in your JustAnswer account for future questions.

Best,

Pete.