Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have an iMac and a Macbook Air and I use Dropbox. It

Customer Question
started to sync a few...
I have an iMac and a Macbook Air and I use Dropbox. It started to sync a few days ago, but never completed. My iMac was stuck downloading 3,579 files and the number never changed. My MacBook Air says my startup disk is full. I think both of these relate to trying to save my iPhoto files in iPhoto on Dropbox. How do I get Dropbox to sync and how do I free up space on my MacBook? I am not able to open iPhoto either.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
1/20/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi there,

If the Dropbox location on your Macbook Air is on the startup disk then you will need to change that location to another disk to allow the sync to continue and then free up some space on your startup disk. Once you have done this, the sync should continue normally again and iPhoto should open up ok.

Kindly take a moment to rate my service; you can still ask additional followup questions at no additional charge :)

Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, your response went into my Junk folder. I emptied the Trash in my MacBook and everything seems to be ok. But on my iMac, Dropbox is still stuck syncing 840 files, which never seems to go anywhere.

Ok, then you need to try the same thing on the iMac - change the Dropbox location to another disk if there is insufficient space, then try syncing again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have no idea where Dropboc is, where the Startup File is, or how to do any of that. I'm not getting the same message on my iMac I got on my MacBook ("Disk Full"). When I emptied the Trash, the MacBook sync'd and is fine. Clicking on the iMac Dropbox link just shows "Syncing 840 files" and the arrow circle goes round and round.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I meant I have no idea where my Dropbox location is. The icon is up in the right corner, but it doesn't tell me anything, nor does the app icon in Finder.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No response? If you're done with me, I don't expect my card to be charged.

If you search in Finder or Spotlight for Dropbox it will take you to the Dropbox location.

Did you find it?

Is it working ok now?

Pete, Computer Engineer