Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I used to have a great Mac. It finally broke down. I bought…

Customer Question
I used to have a...
I used to have a great Mac. It finally broke down. I bought a new one. It is not nearly as good as the old one. I have had so many problems. But, the biggest problem is that after I type for awhile (like an hour) and/or at night, it starts skipping major spaces. I press the backwards delete key and it rushes back and starts deleting what I have written. Usually the accent options show up over the sentence or words. I don't know where they come from or why. I have been in contact with iYogi and they don't know what this is. Do you?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
1/19/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 2 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory
I can't copy it. I can type what it says, because it goes away as soon as I start to type. Do I have to write it down by hand?

Just give me the System Version

Where is the System Version?

• Processor
  • Memory
There is no such thing. However, it says OSX Yosemite
Version 10.10.5
iMac (Rebina Sk, 7 in....
Prodessor 3.5 GH...
Memory 8G, 1600 MH2
Graphics AMD

The first item is Version that is it. Ok I can connect by remote and help you I can type even if you can't

Do you want to do that?

OK please Accept the offer and then I will give you instructions

What is going on here? The screen keeps changing. Where do I accept the offer? Is it more money?

Yes do you see it now?

Are you there?