Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My na
, my iMac is not booting and all ready try

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** iMac is not booting and all ready try turning it on and hold the option key and it wont boot also try holding the command and R keys

Technician's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

I can wait

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
1/19/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 2 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Restart the computer and immediately hold the Shift key until you see the Apple Logo. This is called Safe Boot and it will attempt repairs. If you get to the login screen put in your user/pass then when it boots up, restart the normal way. Let me know what happens after.

it doesn't work at all
the computer will shut down by it self after the apple logo shout at the beginning

1. Shut down the computer.
2. Unplug the computer's power cord.
3. Wait fifteen seconds.
4. Attach the computer's power cord.
5. Wait five seconds, then press the power button to turn on the computer.
6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts again at least twice.
8. Release the keys.

nothing
my keyboard light is blinking do you think my keyboard is not working

Is it wireless?

Try replacing the batteries.

all ready did that

OK if your computer shuts down right after the Apple Logo and we have reset the SMC I'm afraid you have a more serious hardware failure that we cannot diagnose here. You will have to take it to Apple or another service provider/ Sorry

ok thanks

Please remember that the experts here cannot fix failed hardware. We guarantee a correct ANSWER, even if that answer determines the product needs to be physically repaired. No one likes to hear they need to spend more money to fix the problem but at least you now know what needs to be done and you can make an informed decision. Thanks.