Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have several Ipad 2's. When two of my kids were updating…

Customer Question
I have several Ipad 2's...
I have several Ipad 2's. When two of my kids were updating to the latest software they locked up. When I did mine it locked up. When started all you see is a screen that has an itune logo and a picture of the plug that goes into the ipad. I just tried running a restore from Itunes. It downloaded software but said it could not perform restore.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
1/19/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 2 years ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have a Windows or Mac computer? Do you have another computer to try? Make sure you have the latest iTunes program on the computer:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

- On the iPad, please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

- If that does not work, please try:

1. Open the iTunes program on your computer.
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click OK or Restore / factory reset.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk
Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.