Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I can not access my iPad. The screen doesn't respond to

Customer Question

i can not access my iPad. The screen doesn't respond to swiping.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

What happens if you hold the sleep/wake button and the home button together for a couple of minutes? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where are these buttons?

The one on the top right is the sleep/wake button and the round button in the center is the Home button. Hold both of them together for a couple of minutes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because the wake/sleep button is hard to work (almost impossible), all I'm getting is Siri.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the image confirmed what I thought, but I can't get the wake/sleep button to work. All i get when pressing that button is maybe black, and then when the home button I get Siri.

You have to press and hold it together with the home button, they must be held for a few minutes until the iPad turns off and then turns back on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm am very disatisfied with the response. You don't seem to understand that my sleep/wake button doesn't respond. I have made an appointment with the nearest Genius bar. Please do not charge our credit card for this support, because it didn't help.

No worries. I will request this to be cancelled. Thanks