Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am trying to get into my Twitter account, which someone

Customer Question
Customer: Hi! I am trying...
Customer: Hi! I am trying to get into my Twitter account, which someone else (a PR firm) set up for me. I don't know my username or password ***** repeated attempts to get response from Twitter support have been ignored...any thoughts?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my username is ***** ***** I don't want to just set up a new account because then (I assume) I wouldn't be able to get the same name. Also, although I had never tweeted (yet) I had a hundred or more followers...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait a bit, yes - but just to be clear, I only pay if it works and I get back into the account? And how do I pay, can it be via Paypal?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
1/12/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

YOu can use a Phone Number, or an Email address....or a Username.....for the Username portion of the Login.

.

When you click on the FORGOT PASSWORD ***** you then enter the username or email addresses or mobile phone number you think you used. Then, check all your email inboxes – twitter will send password ***** instructions to the account's email address.

WHen i enterd in your Username....it gave me a readout that this username is ***** ***** a YAHOO email account, and all it would show me was this:

.

wi********@y****.**

.

Do you have acces to this Yahoo email account?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, and I've never had a yahoo account. Someone else set this up for me

Can you contact them and ask them?

Just using some basic logical deduction, i think the email might be: ***@******.***

So you would just need the password (if the email is right) to be able to login.

.

Then you could ask Twitter to email you at that yahoo email, so you can reset the twitter account password......Make Sense?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But I don't have an email account. Also, if you look carefully, there are only two characters after the period, so it's not a .com email address.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I meant - I don't have a YAHOO email account.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
unfortunately have lost contact with the person who set the whole thing up.

Well....thats how Twitter expects folks to recover their passwords....Twitter HAS to have a way of verifying that it is your account. And the fact that SOMEBODY ELSE set it up from the begining only stregthens the fact that this is NOT your account.

.

What im trying to say....is that Twitter has NO idea that this account belongs to you...OTHER than a password. So how else can they (Twitter) verify that this account belongs to you?

.

Twitter needa a way to verify that this account belongs to you.....so you HAVE to give them SOMETHING.....otherwise...anybody could just ask for a password.

.

SO, what about a phone number......did the person who setup this Twitter account put down your phone number as the account holders phone number? Do you still have acces to this phone and answer it if Twitter calls you form that number?

Im sorry, but for future reference....have somebody HELP you create the account.....not do it for you. As you can see how horrible it is when you have lost all ability to access the account, or even change the password.

.

In the past if you lost the password...you were just screwed.......and had to create a whole NEW account.

These days there are additional features built in that CAN offer some password ***** but this is all setup at the TIME THE ACCOUNT IS CREATED.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Right - I tried my current cell number but it didn't work. Thanks anyway for your help.

SO if you were not there to KNOW or write down, or make some sort of note, about the additional security questions...then you are stuck.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Seems like it. Thanks for your thoughts.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news....but you can move on now.....forget about it.

.

Twitter will NOT close the account.....because its not yours......so it will just sit there until it times out for a lack of logins.

.

Please take a moment to rate my performance. Thank you.

Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070