Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

My niece just called my from college. One of her school

Customer Question

My niece just called my from college. One of her school books fell from a shelf onto her MacBook air on her desk while it was running with screen lid down. When she went to check it the screen is now a blueish color. She's in panic mode but needed to get to a class. Is there anything she can do to fix this problem. The keys are working.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

I wont mislead you but all signs point to the screen or system board being damaged, this is the damage you would expect when a heavy object falls on the MacBook and would result in a Blue or Green color as the LCD's are not being controlled correctly.

To be sure though it is not the NVRam or SMC I want you to do the following.

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on your Mac.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
  5. Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
  6. Release the keys.

Once done, power off the Mac again

1. Plug in the power adapter to a power source and to your computer.
  2. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  3. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.

Tell me how the screen now looks please.