Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I cant open skype on my mac air everything is most up to

Customer Question

Customer: i cant open skype on my mac air everything is most up to date
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i open the app and login and nothing pops out then i look at the skype app it just says application isnt responding its been like this for weeks sometimes it just suddenly works and most of the time it doesnt
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yeah i can wait thank you very much!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

We can uninstall old Skype and all its files completely and reinstall a fresh version. Download App Cleaner uninstaller from here -->https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

(Click version 3.2.1 or the version matches your OS X to download it).

Then open App Cleaner. Click and drag Skype application from Applications folder to App Cleaner and it will load Skype and all its related files. Click Delete.

Then download Skype from here --> http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-mac/

Install it and open it. Does it work now ?

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.