Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

I accidentally dumped bonjour from my list of preferences in

Customer Question

I accidentally dumped bonjour from my list of preferences in Safari (9.0.2), and now my HP printer won't print. Can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.

Hello there! Can you tell me if your on a mac or pc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mac

Ok great! Please follow the steps below.

1. Open the App Store app on your Mac.
  2. Click Updates in the toolbar.
  3. Update each app individually, or click Update All to install all available updates.
  4. IF you dont see bonjour then type it into the search field then download/update with the app that appears.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no app called Bonjour. The closest named app is something called Bonjour Dumper, but the description is not what I need in any case, I shouldn't be paying for something that came free with Safari, should I?

No it should be free. The bonjour service is a program that works with your printer system. Can you go to the apple icon then select system preferences followed by printers. In the printer window do you see any printers listed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in order: Adobe PDF 8.0 (idle) not known to me; Hewlett-Packard HP LaserJet 3330 (idle); however, it will print; HP LaserJet 200 colorMFP M276nw (D1F85F) (idle, default); HP LaserJet 200 colorMFP M276nw (D1F85F) Fax) not set-up for faxing at this time.

So which printer is not printing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The default LaserJet 200MPF color [the second LaserJet - the color one.] The one that still prints is the 3330 which is only idle and says it will print; it's also B&W only.

Ok download the driver from the link below. Then open the file and install the driver this should fix the printing issue.

http://whp-aus2.cold.extweb.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL51862/kj-125415-4/HP-LaserJet-SW-OSX-Mavericks_v12.34.45.dmg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've twice tried to install the above driver, which has failed each time. Are you sure that I should be installing a Mavericks driver when I'm running El Capitan v. 10.11.2?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should add this is what the "HP Utility - Setup" says (as it wants to use this to install the above driver): Select Device to Configure: Device Name
HP LaserJet 200 colorMFP M276 nw (D185F) Bonjour 10.0.1.9 [I chose this one]
NPID1F85F IP 10.0.1.9

WOuld you mind if i remotely connected to you to figure out the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this $30 above the price I've already paid?

I am showing 15 is what is being charged

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, PayPal is telling me that I was charged $30 :
PayPal logo Dec 30, 2015 14:01:57 EST
Transaction ID:###-##-####716023D
Hello Susan XXXX,
You sent a payment of $30.00 USD to JustAnswer
(*****@******.***)

Do you want me to contact customer service?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please. There may be some confusion because before I knew what I was saying "yes" to, I hit a button that indicated I would start a free trial or some such. I didn't intend that, I thought I was getting a expert response to my question, when I just hit the wrong button.

ok no worries the will be contacting you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I've spoken with your customer service and have been told that I'm not signed up for anything that I don't want. However, I'm not willing to to pay more than $30 at this time, so there won't be any Remote Tech Support at this time, if at all. Let's forge ahead without it.

OK lets go to the Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners. Then click the add ( +) icon and select the printer from the list ( yours should be listed) Then let the osx reinstall the driver. Then we cant test print again. I included a picture to show what i am talking about.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well! I began looking in the wrong place, but did find the portion of Preferences that I dumped Bonjour from ("Notifications), if that helps. Also, I found that I had included Bonjour in the Bookmarks menu, so I checked that link, if that's any help to you. Later. I've created another icon (your picture wasn't included with your last message), and reinstalled the driver. Again, I can't get another further. This box appears: Communication error: An error occurred while communicating the device. Please make sure the deice is ready and try again. I've pressed the on/off button (it's perpetually 'on' but pressing it again creates it's light to go on and awaken it up a bit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm thinking that perhaps v. 2 is not listed as a printer and that I should get it to list it, or see if I can do that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Part of the directions to add so-called printer no. 2 have to do with its wireless connection. I'm going to have to read through these and do as they say. It may take me a while. How much longer are you online?

I will be here for another 2 hours so no rush :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm having trouble. Adding a printer no. 2 wirelessly requires: "Specify device manually: Address Type Lists iPV4 then iPV6 then Host or Bonjour Domain Name and then 2nd box: Address in a format 000.000.000.000." It doesn't like any of the names or addresses I've given it. Do you have any suggestions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the way, the printer is printing reports manually from printer no. 1, but the wizard can't continue until printer 2 is specified.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now 10:51 EST and I'm going to bed. When will you be back with an answer?

Make sure to enter the ip's in the ipv4 box/setting. If its not it wont be detected i will be on at 9 am central standard time tomorrow.