Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I got an i pad air 2 and am trying to set it up. I get as

Customer Question

Customer: i got an i pad air 2 for Christmas and am trying to set it up. I get as far as language - english, country- canada and then to the choose a wi fi network page. my home network is the top one listed but i cannot access it. just get a=message saying choose another network
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have tried rebooting the modem and the ipad. when i tryto choose my network i get a message "no network connection" but my lap top and i phone are working ok
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok. i will keep trying other avenues
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the brand / model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Does it ask for your wi-fi/wireless password/key, if any?

How many network name(s) do you have?

Do you mean you did disconnect / reconnect the power cord(s) of the modem/router device(s)?

Are you able to test if the iPad is able to connect to any other wi-fi / wireless network name?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wireless modem is a Gateway 2 wire. Just one network name.I did disconnect/ reconnect the power cord of the modem.
Unable to test to any other wi=fi/wireless name

Thank you. To confirm, you did disconnect / reconnect the power cord from the Gateway 2Wire modem device right?

On the iPad, can you press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit

, then when prompted, tap on your network name, and connect

, then does it ask for a password ***** not? What does it show right away?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did the press and hold and when prompted tapped on the network name but all that happens is the little circle spinning around beside the name and "choose another network" below

Sorry, did you disconnect the power cord from the Gateway 2Wire modem device for about 5 minutes, then reconnect, and wait a bit, and check? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't wait 5 minutes just about 20 seconds but I can do that

Please do that now, then let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that and still no response. Now I am getting the following message "No Network Connection". I am sitting right beside the modem and everything else is able to access the network

Sorry, can you reboot the iPad again and check?

On your laptop and iphone, do you see any other network name, besides your network name?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have tried it again. still the same response. there are no other network names on laptop or iphone. i am going to give up tonight. may try again tomorrow. sorry you haven't been able to come up with a solution but maybe if it is turned off for the night it will work better in the morning. thanks

I'm sorry; you could have gotten a bad new ipad as other wireless devices are currently working fine, but ok, please try tomorrow and check. Please reply back tomorrow to continue. Thank you.