Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am trying to get on my "Word" program to open it, but as

Customer Question

I am trying to get on my "Word" program to open it, but as soon as I boot it up to the left hand corner it only states like shut down, system preferences or some other phrase. I really need to get the program ro display ro write a letter or other options. Hope you can help open it up so i can write. NEED HELP !***@******.***
Thanx ! Bob K
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Restart the computer and immediately hold the Shift key until you see the Apple Logo. This is called Safe Boot and it will attempt repairs. If you get to the login screen put in your user/pass then when it boots up, restart the normal way. Let me know what happens after.