Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Have iPad and iPhone 3 years and last night received

Customer Question

Have iPad and iPhone for about 3 years and last night received messages cannot get mail imap.aol.com is not responding
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, can you verify if the issue is still occurring this morning? If it is.. Lets try this as a first step on your ipad.

With the device on, hold down the sleep / wake button. And then press and hold the home button.

Hold both down for about 15 seconds until you see the apple logo. And then release both buttons. The ipad should restart.

Once it restarts, try to check your aol mail again. Do you still get the same error?

If you do, instead of using the mail app on the ipad. Instead, try using the safari browser, go directly to aol.com, tap mail, sign in and type in your full email address and password. Will it let you into aol mail that way>?

Please send a detailed response when you can letting me know if this worked, or if you need further assistance. ( and also what happened with the steps mentioned above )

Thank you.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.